- Title: St Lucia Topographic Map
Topographic map for saint Lucia
- Publication Date: April 12, 2016, 9:24 a.m.
- Keywords: Saint Lucia Topographic
- Category: Imagery Base Maps Earth Cover
- Regions: Saint Lucia
- Owner: lucia
- Point of Contact: lucia
- Language: English
- Data Quality: This map was generated using a hillshading map generated from the Digital Elevation Model, which was made by interpolating 10 meter contourlines. Elevation was also represented in colour, so that the combination of hillshading and elevation gives the best indication of the topography of the country. The available road map was adjusted based on a very high resolution satellite image (Pleiades, with spatial resolution of 2 meters multi spectral and 0.5 meter panchromatic). Screen digitizing was done to map the road and make a road classification. Building information was available for the entire island. Drainage lines were generated from the Digital Elevation Model and through editing. Place names in Grenada were obtained from an existing dataset, and through available maps and Google Earth. Airports, and other landmarks were digitized using the very high resolution images. Quarries were also mapped from these images. The generation of the individual thematic layers was carried out using the ILWIS software. Final map production was carried out using ArcGIS.
- Supplemental Information: